Dear California Hair Design Academy Community, below are a few answers to our most frequently asked COVID-19 questions. Please note that our top priority continues to be the unparalleled safe experience of our students, clients and team members.
Is your campus currently open?
[Updated 7/7/20] No. Due to new health and safety requirements for San Diego County all students enrolled in our institution will continue utilizing Distance Education/Online Learning for the time being. Our priority is the educational success of our students and our team is continuing to work one-on-one with them to ensure that they complete their individual program requirements. If you are a student and need assistance please reach out to our administrative staff. *Students: Please ensure you continue to monitor your Pivot Point LAB platform and email along with this page to remain up to date on our latest campus news.
How is California Hair Design Academy ensuring the safety of our students, staff and community?
California Hair Design Academy is utilizing sanitation and health guidelines provided by San Diego County Health Officials, CDC, Local County Health Departments, Barbicide COVID 19 Training and California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology. We are continuing to conduct internal trainings and provide our students with the right resources. Our team has been hard at work to raise the bar of hygiene and sanitation, as well as considering every step of the treatment process to ensure we meet your needs in a focused and safe manner that’s in accordance with government guidelines.
Are you continuing to offer Admissions tours?
California Hair Design Academy is happy to inform you that we are continuing to offer Admissions, Financial Aid and Enrollment Appointments virtually! Please call 619-461-8600 ext. 203 to set up a virtual appointment and speak to our team. You can also text 619-836-0730. To view our upcoming start dates, click here.
Are you still conducting on-site education?
No, due to the new guidance released on July 7, 2020 by the County of San Diego we are currently only offering Online/Distance Education. We will continue to monitor the situation closely.
What can I expect when attending on site education?
- Health Screening – Upon arriving at the academy each day, a health screening will be required to enter the facility.
- Required Masks – Students and staff will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- No Guest(s) Policy – Students will unfortunately not be allowed to bring additional guests with them to the academy.
- Temperature Check – All students and employees will have their temperature taken before entering the salon.
- COVID-19 Waiver – Our team will conduct a wellness check and all who enter the premises will be asked to sign a COVID-19 waiver prior to entry.
- New Sanitation Measures – All stations, tools, and equipment will be regularly wiped down and disinfected with an electrostatic ionizer in between guests.
- Contactless Payment – We are not accepting cash transactions at this time. We will be accepting chip, swipe and contactless credit card payments.
How can I conduct an at home wellness check?
We recommend that you walk yourself through the following questions and continue to remain informed of the current COVID-19 symptoms. If you answered yes to any of these questions, please refrain from visiting any public venues and contact your medical provider immediately.
- Have you had a fever in the past 7 days?
- Do you have a new cough?
- Do you have shortness of breath?
- Do you have severe muscle aches?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Do you have chills?
- Have you been asked to isolate by a physician?
- Have you traveled outside of the country in the last 30 days?
- Are you pending COVID test results?
SALON AND SPA
Are your Salon and Spas open?
No, we are currently not open for client services. Check our website often for updates on when we will re-open for clients.
Are you accepting walk-ins?
We unfortunately are not accepting any walk-ins at this time and will not be accepting walk-ins once the clinic floor re-opens.
What services are you offering?
We are currently not offering any client services at this time.
We appreciate your understanding and will continue to update this page to provide you with additional COVID-19 information to ensure your safety and wellbeing!